1103 N Main St
The Briles House
High Point, NC 27262
ABOUT US - Since 1928, the Junior League of High Point, Inc. has empowered women through leadership training and development to positively impact the High Point community. As a member, a woman can expect to gain an awareness of important social issues, build effective communications skills, participate in fundraising efforts and accomplish significant goals through teamwork on a variety of projects. Members also develop strong, enduring friendships through involvement with community projects.
ABOUT OUR HEADQUARTERS - Constructed in 1907, the Briles House is a treasure for the High Point community. One of the first residences constructed along Main Street, the Briles House is one of the few remaining original homes build in this era. This marvelous house led and inspired the construction of a parade of magnificent homes in the Uptowne High Point area. For nearly one-hundred years, the home remained in the Briles family until the death of daughter Ruth Briles in 2002. It was then that the Briles House was purchased by The Junior League of High Point, Inc. and renovated through the support of the community.
The home is named THE JUNIOR LEAGUE OF HIGH POINT, INC. - MARY STRICKLAND FROELICH HEADQUARTERS - THE BRILES HOUSE. The Briles House is the perfect location to host your next meeting, board retreat, planning session, bridal shower, baby shower or to take portraits. Rentals include the option of using multiple or single room spaces, including a kitchen, to meet the needs of organizations varying in size.
- Christina Gray's Restaurant & Bar1108 N Main St (315 feet NE)
- Krispy Kreme917 N Main St (768 feet SE)
- Sweet Old Bill's1232 N Main St (924 feet NW)
- Alex's House1223 N Main St (936 feet NW)
- Jonathan Charles Furniture1107 N Main St (139 feet NW)
- About Face1107 N Main St (143 feet SE)
- Black Tie Formals1101 N Main St (148 feet SW)
- Heads North Salon1101 N Main St (148 feet SW)
- Model Barber Shop1101 N Main St (148 feet SW)
- Council St. Park1013 Council St (0.5 miles SW)
- The Nido & Mariana Qubein Children’s Museum200 Qubein Avenue (0.5 miles E)
- YWCA High Point155 W Westwood Ave (0.6 miles SE)
- High Point (Truist) Stadium319 W Westwood Ave (0.6 miles SE)